Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani). Yes, Iranian Ice Cream is typically made with vanilla, saffron as well as rose water. I used a very simple way to achieve this with already made vanilla ice cream with out the use of an ice cream machine. Iranians prefer to enjoy it in individual bowls, sprinkled.
Bastani often contains flakes of frozen clotted cream. Sometimes, salep is included as an ingredient. Bastani Sonnati, Traditional Persian Ice Cream with the touch of rose water & blend of saffron & pistachio flakes, totally a different ice cream experience. You can cook Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani) using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani)
- You need 2 litres of Vanilla ice cream.
- Prepare 150 ml of double cream/heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 115 ml of rose water.
- You need 2 tbsp of steamed saffron (add a few saffron threads in a mug, pour 2-3 tbsp boiled water and dissolve in water).
- It’s of Unsalted crushed pistachios, as much as you like.
- You need of Wafer or ice cream cones.
Learn to make fragrant Persian rosewater-and-saffron ice cream called bastani at Food & Wine. Pour the custard base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Iranian Saffron known as the "red gold", saffron is a magical ingredient in Persian culture, from aromatic foods and colorful desserts, to the physical They enjoy it in the flavorful saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati) in hot days of summer, or serve it in bowls of sweet rice pudding (Sholeh Zard) in. Making Persian (or Iranian) ice cream is a tradition and as well as an art.
Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani) step by step
- Use a baking tray and line with parchment paper. Pour the cream on it and evenly spread it. Place it in the freezer and let it is freeze..
- Chop pistachios into samller pieces. Set ice cream out of freeze and allow to thaw in room temperature..
- Add 2tbsp steamed saffron, 115ml rose water and some of crushed pistachios to softened ice cream..
- Use a spoon and stir all ingredients completely. Next, chop up the frozen cream into small or medium pieces. Then, very fast (as frozen cream starts to melt very quick) add them to ice cream and give a good and quick stir to all ingredients..
- Sprinkle remaining of crushed pistachios top of the ice cream. Place the ice cream in the freezer and let it harden and freeze for 3-4 hours. Serve scoops in bowls or scoop into cones or wafers..
The traditional recipe observes the following ingredients: real (I mean real) saffron; flakes of frozen cream; rose water; and crunchy pieces of Persian ice cream is also known as Saffron ice cream or Bastani Sonnati. Iran Food, Cold Drinks, Pickles, Cucumber, Ice Cream, Food And Drink, Desserts, Ice, Iranian Food. This saffron milkshake recipe is always a winner! Bastani sonnati or simply bastani, is an Iranian ice cream made from milk, eggs, sugar, rose water, saffron, vanilla, and pistachios. It is widely known as Persian ice cream.