Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free. Great recipe for Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free. Just another fun themed idea for St Patricks Day, yummy vanilla sugar cookies! Patrick's Day Snacks are a great way to celebrate the "luck of the Irish" without artificial colors, gluten, or refined flours and sugar.
In a medium bowl, mix well the almond flour, spirulina and erythritol. Cute and Easy Shamrock Cookies for St. These sweet cookies are so cute that all your leprechauns will be smiling with Irish Eyes. You can have Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare 180 grams of sorghum flour.
- You need 65 grams of arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Prepare 125 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of xanthan gum.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 112 grams of sunflower spread/butter.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of or as required milk of choice, I use rice milk.
- It’s 1 of green sugar or sugar strands for decoration.
- You need 1 of shamrock cookie cutter small enough to fit inside a circle cookie cutter.
Easy to make and a great project for kids. Never miss a post, a party or a project. Be the first to receive Announcements in your inbox.. Holidays are so much fun to enjoy and celebrate different foods, and St.
Vickys St Patricks Day Shamrock Cookies, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla and butter and rub in with your fingertips until it forms crumbs (you could add green food colouring at this point if you wish but don't make it too dark!).
- Start to knead and form the dough, adding milk if required but don't make the dough wet.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll the dough out to around 5mm thick.
- Cut circles with a round cutter that's big enough to fit the shamrock cutter inside. I used a 3 inch circle with a 1.5 inch shamrock.
- Keep re-rolling the dough and cut as many cookies out as you can.
- Put the cookies on the baking sheet and one by one place the shamrock cutter in the centre of each to use as a shape guide. Pour some green coloured sugar inside then slowly lift it away.
- Be careful not to knock the sugar pattern off when putting the tray in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet then when cooled knock off the excess sugar.
- You can get around 22 x 3 inch cookies from the dough or……
- Mix the leftover dough with sprinkles and make shamrock shaped cookies.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
Patrick's Day is just another fun way to eat your favorite gluten-free treats. The shamrock cookies (in the photo above) are actually "cheater" cookies. I bought some O'Neill's Shamrock Shortbread cookies and decorated them with melted white chocolate and green sanding sugar. You could also decorate Oreos or any other storebought cookies if you don't have time to bake. See more ideas about Food, Recipes, Gluten free.