Vickys Christmas Sherry Trifle Cheesecake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Christmas Sherry Trifle Cheesecake, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Sherry Trifle Cheesecake, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 250 g of Digestive biscuits, see my gluten-free recipe link.
- Prepare 100 g of Gold-Foil wrapped Stork marg or Vitalite sunflower spread.
- Prepare 1 of small box Jello Vanilla Pudding (3.3 oz).
- You need 240 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare of raspberry syrup topping for ice cream, use as much as you like.
- You need 1 of pre-baked 9" vanilla sponge – use my Victoria Sponge recipe.
- You need of whipped coconut cream, see my previously posted recipe.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sherry.
- You need of grated dark chocolate to garnish.
Vickys Christmas Sherry Trifle Cheesecake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbs and put into a bowl.
- Melt the margarine and mix it into the crumbs.
- Pack the crumbs into the base of a 9" springform cake tin and let chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix the vanilla pudding with the coconut milk. It will be very thick. (If you can't find a box of Jello Pudding (I get mine from Amazon), Birds tubs of custard powder are free-from. Make a thick custard using 2 heaped tablespoons of powder and as much milk as it needs. Let it cool.) Spread it on top of the crumb base and put in the fridge to set.
- Pour the raspberry ice cream syrup over the set pudding layer. You could use rasperry jello / jelly but it doesn't stick very well to the custard pudding layer so I find sauce works better. You could also try seedless jam, warmed slightly. You don't need to use the whole thing, just enough so there's an even layer of it.
- Mix the sherry with the whipped cream for topping and put into a piping bag. Set aside. (Chill a tin of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight then in the morning it will have separated. Drain off the coconut water and whisk the cream until stiff).
- Cut your cake horizontally into 2 or 3 layers. You can always freeze the spare layers or make more cheesecake trifle desserts and freeze the others for later! Place the cooled sponge disc on top of the sauce then pipe on the whipped coconut topping.
- Release from the tin and garnish with some grated dark chocolate just before serving.