Vickys Red Hot Valentines Crinkle Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Red Hot Valentines Crinkle Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Hot Valentines Crinkle Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 112 g of gold foil wrapped Stork margarine block.
- You need 200 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of light coconut milk or milk of choice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 200 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch / cornflour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of baking soda / bicarb.
- You need 3 tbsp of / 50g Red Hot Candies / cinnamon flavoured hard sweets.
- Prepare of around 40g icing sugar / powdered sugar to roll the cookies in.
Vickys Red Hot Valentines Crinkle Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the Stork and sugar then beat in the milk and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, cornflour, baking powder and bicarbinate of soda and mix in.
- Put the Red Hots in a freezer bag, seal and smash with a rolling pin.
- Mix into the dough until evenly incorporated.
- Take heaping teaspoons of dough and roll into balls. Roll each ball in icing sugar then place on the baking tray. You should get between 20 – 24 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies flatten out and stop looking shiny.
- Let sit on the tray for a few minutes to set. During this time the cookies will 'crinkle' into shape. Ease them off the tray onto a wire rack with a fish slice to cool completely.
- You can make these without adding the sweets. Just add a little extra flavouring extract to taste.
- For a more pronounced coating of icing sugar, roll the cookie balls in granulated sugar first, then in the icing sugar. The granulated sugar will stop the icing sugar from soaking into the dough. Also if you like your cookies thicker, chill the dough for 30 minutes in the fridge before baking and they'll retain a rounder, fatter shape.