Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF. Traditionally my family makes these for Easter, which is on. Gluten and dairy free Samantha B.
Ingredients of Vickys 'No Ketchup' Sticky Teriyaki BBQ Sauce, GF DF EF SF NF. These cookies are a big deal in our family. We call them "koulourakia", due to the shape we give them, which mimics the traditional Greek Easter cookie by that name. You can have Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 225 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 90 ml of sweet red wine.
- You need 45 ml of fresh orange juice.
- You need 35 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 25 g of roasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare of grated zest of 1/2 an orange.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves / cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda / bicarb.
- You need 500 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- You need of soft brown sugar as required.
The consistency is slightly crunchy with a light cinnamon flavor, making it a perfect treat to accompany your morning or afternoon coffee. Vickys Caledonian Cream Dessert, GF DF EF SF NF. We are gluten free and dairy free in our house. I made these cookies with King Arthur Gluten Free Flour.
Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, wine, orange juice, granulated sugar, sesame seeds, orange zest, cinnamon and cloves.
- Sieve the baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum with the flour into the bowl and knead until you form a soft dough. If using gluten-free flour, keep a handful of flour back and add it to the mixture only if required.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 170C / 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pinch off golfball-sized pieces of dough and roll into thin sausage shapes.
- Form into an ornate S shape as shown and place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
If you are like me, you are probably trying to figure out how to pronounce this word unless you are of Greek origin. And like in every Greek celebration, big carafes of wine are on the table. And right in the center, you find a basket filled with the Greek Koulourakia (these Greek Easter cookies recipe), "Tsoureki" and red-dyed eggs. Already waiting, to treat every guest that comes to say "Xronia Polla", in this case, it translates to "Happy Easter". Koulourakia Kanelas (Greek Cinnamon Biscuits) Recipe by evelynathens.