Vickys Halloween Poopy Cookies 💩 GF DF EF SF NF. I'm not the biggest fan of gross-out Halloween foods but I thought these were quite funny! It's just an ordinary chocolate cookie recipe, nothing fancy. I found edible sugar eyes at our local Asda and the kids stuck some on.
Great recipe for Vickys Spooky Stuffed Halloween Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF. You can put whatever filling you like. Mine are stuffed with leftover rainbow couscous, my kids prefer mac n cheese. You can have Vickys Halloween Poopy Cookies 💩 GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Halloween Poopy Cookies 💩 GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 240 g of gluten-free / plain flour (2 cups).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare 200 g of granulated sugar (1 cup).
- You need 200 g of soft brown sugar (1 cup).
- You need 130 g of cocoa powder (3/4 cup slightly rounded).
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 250 g of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine, cubed (1 cup).
- It’s 60 ml of light coconut milk (1/4 cup) plus extra as required.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 175 g of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (1 cup – optional).
I've done savoury rice before and leftover spaghetti bolognese too. Great recipe for Vickys Halloween Snake Breadsticks (Garlic Herb) GF DF EF SF NF. These are a soft breadstick, ideal for soup instead of sliced bread. You could add a little green food dye to the batter if you wanted to.
Vickys Halloween Poopy Cookies 💩 GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Whisk the flour, xanthan gum if using, sugar, cocoa and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry knife until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix to form a soft dough. Add only enough liquid to bring it together. If you add too much milk, add some more flour in. Fold in the choc chips if using.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 hour. At this point you can divide the dough and freeze half for another time.
- Divide the dough into balls around the size of a golfball, then roll each ball into an 8 inch long 'snake'.
- Form the poop shapes on the baking sheet by winding the snakes around to form a snail out of half of their length. Don't leave a huge hole in the middle like shown (first batch mistake lol) or the cookies will sink down into it when baking. Coil them like snails then build on top.
- Continue to wind on top to fill in the gap. Pinch the tops to form the points (gross lol). Chill another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (This recipe makes 2 batches so if your oven is big enough, line 2 sheets).
- Bake for 9 – 12 minutes until set.
- Let stand on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooled, use a dab of piping icing for eyes or to stick eyes on if you want to.
I decorated with raisin eyes and made forked tongues from pieces of chilli. Hotdog fingers "Vicky's Halloween Savoury Severed Fingers." Stay safe and healthy. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Great recipe for Vickys Various Tortilla Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF. Just a change from a sandwich, the kids like them, they're good finger food for parties.