Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free.
You can have Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free
- Prepare 1 kg of Granny Smith or Brammley apples.
- You need 2 of table spoons honey or maple syrup (more to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbs of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ground ginger (can use minced fresh ginger as well).
- You need 1 of /2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 of lemon (juice only).
- You need 150 g of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 100 g of (approx 6 heaped tablespoons) ground almonds.
- You need of For garnish (create your own).
- It’s of Shredded coconut.
- Prepare of Flakes almonds.
- Prepare of Coconut yoghurt.
- It’s of Ice cream.
- It’s of Whipped cream.
Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free instructions
- Peel and chop apples. The larger the pieces the more defined they will be in the desert..
- Add 1 cm of water to the sauce pan and put on medium heat. Add apples, lemon juice, and all the spices..
- Cook on medium heat until apples let out the liquid, than move to low heat and simmer, stirring frequently..
- Chop the walnuts into smaller pieces with a sharp knife. When the apples start becoming soft but still maintain their shape, add the walnuts and ground almonds to the pot, and stir until they are mixed in well..
- Cook on the low heat for 3-4 minutes until almonds soak up much of the liquid. Taste the mix and add additional spicer or more Honey / mapple syrup, to taste.
- For paleo version, decorate with shredded coconut and flaked almonds. You can also serve with ice cream, coconut yoghurt or whipped cream. Second photo is whipped cream with some lavender sprinkles on top..