SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic. Beat eggs, and stir in chopped cherries and remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over baked crust, spreading evenly. Recipe for Chocolate Cherry Bars from the diabetic recipe archive at Diabetic Gourmet Magazine with nutritional info for diabetes meal planning.
These cherry bars are a soft cookie crust topped with cherry pie filling, more cookie dough and a drizzle of vanilla glaze. Cherry bars always get rave reviews and are super festive for a holiday gathering. The sweet and tart versions of the fruit contain chemicals that boost insulin, which helps control blood sugar levels. You can cook SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 cup of splenda, for cooking (can use regular sugar).
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 medium of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of REAL vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 can of of fruit pie filling, i like cherry.. look for sugar free and add a little splenda.
- It’s 1 of **** if u arent trying to make it sugar free… use regular sugar and regular pie filling.
- Prepare of GLAZE.
- You need 1 cup of confectionerary sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
Avoid the glorified candy bars and choose a nutritious bar. Cherries are a flavorful, versatile, healthful option for people living with diabetes. As with any carbohydrate-rich food, it's important to take into account portion size when incorporating cherries into your diet to avoid a blood sugar spike. Take a break from chocolate and make these cheery cherry bars.
SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic step by step
- **** baking dish should measure 15x10x1…..
- preheat oven to.350°.
- in a large bowl cream sugar, butter, & salt…add eggs one at a time and mix in thoroughly .. beat in extract. gradually add flour..
- …………add 3 cups BATTER into the baking dish … spread out. spread pie filling on top of batter…
- drop remaining batter on pie filling. like dumplings… bake for 30-35 minutes… should be golden brown. cool on wire rack completely….
- FOR GLAZE.
- in bowl mix powdered sugar, extract, and milk .. you may not need all the milk add a little at a time… until its a consistency you like ….
- drizzle over bars….
- I was INSPIRED by the magazine SIMPLY DELISCIOUS.
Yummy cherry pie filling, sweet powdered sugar icing, and a delicious crust combine to create these unbeatable dessert bars. Enjoy the mouth-watering combination of chocolate and cherry in these lavish dessert bars. Cake Mix Bars Cherry Pie Filling Recipes. Cherry Pie BarsJulie's Eats and Treats. Combine glaze ingredients, and drizzle over cooled bars.