Lemon Magic Bars. Bake up a zesty twist on magic bars that will disappear in a flash. The lemon extract is optional but adds a punch of lemon flavor. Lemon Magic Bars are like the combination of a magic bar and a lemon bar.
These magic bars start with a lemon cake mix dough that is pressed into a pan. Then in true magic bar fashion there are five layers of ingredients baked into the cake mix crust. You know magic bars, seven layer bars, the best type of bars on earth; they all live in the same category. You can cook Lemon Magic Bars using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Magic Bars
- It’s 1 of roll pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies.
- You need 1 tsp of grated lemon peel.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of white vanilla baking chips.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped macadamia nuts, if desired.
- Prepare 1 can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon extract, if desired.
I seriously enjoyed making these Raspberry Lemon Shortbread Magic Bars. Learn how to make an easy Lemon Meringue Bars Recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Lemon Bars recipe! Lemon Bars are a favorite in my home.
Lemon Magic Bars step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add lemon peel; beat with electric mixer on low speed until peel well combined. Press dough into bottom of pan..
- Sprinkle white chips, coconut and macadamia nuts over dough..
- In a small bowl stir together condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon extract. Pour over top..
- Back 28-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is slightly glossy. Cool completely, about 45 minutes..
- Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows..
The lemon filling actually separates into two layers as it. Lemon bars freeze beautifully — they are even good frozen. To freeze the bars, let them cool completely and freeze the batch whole, covered tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, for. Delicious lemon bars that have a special kick. This recipe can be used for normal bars of course, be sure to keep both carefully labeled.