Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. View best sellers & new products! Made with Betty Crocker™ All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend, these easy and delicious cookies are ready to eat in under an hour and can be stored for later. That is, if there are any leftover!
If you've tried making gluten-free chocolate chip cookies before you probably know they can turn out dry, grainy and pale. This recipe has a few tricks so you get golden, non-grainy cookies with a delicious depth of flavor every time. The Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can have Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Shortening (such as Crisco®).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Butter or Vegan Buttery Spread (such as Earth Balance®).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Butter Flavor (optional).
- You need 2 of Large Eggs.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2-1/3 Cup of All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (such as Bob's Red Mill® 1 to 1).
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder, Aluminum Free.
- Prepare 8 Ounces of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (such as Toll House® Simply Delicious Semi-Sweet Morsels).
These cookies are a lovely combination of crispy and chewy. I've found that gluten free flours are often lighter tasting and sometimes more delicate, but the addition of oat flour means that these have a bit of a nutty taste, too, and some substance. Featured in: Chocolate Chip Cookies For Everyone. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- In stand mixer bowl, combine shortening, butter or vegan spread, butter flavor (optional), eggs, sugar, and dark brown sugar. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high to high speed for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency and pale tan/yellow color..
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Wisk together..
- Slow mixer to low speed. Add vanilla extract and allow to mix for 30 seconds or so. Add flour mixture a little at a time to mixer. Once all flour mixture is added, allow to fold for about 1 minute to fully incorporate..
- Remove mixer bowl from stand, and add chocolate chips. Use a spatula to fold in chocolate chips until fully incorporated..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and rest in refrigerator for at least 45-60 minutes. Trust me, this makes all the difference…..
- Preheat oven to 365-375° F. Line a cookie sheet or half sheet pan with parchment or silicone baking liner..
- Use a spoon or 1 Tbs. measuring spoon to form balls of cookie dough, about 1"diameter. Place on cookie sheet about 2" apart… on a standard sheet, I do 3 wide by 4 long..
- Bake 11-12 minutes until nice color and edges start to brown. Remove from oven and wait 30 seconds before removing from pan. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. *Tip 1: if you want cookies to stop cooking faster, slide parchment with cookie off of pan onto countertop. **Tip 2: Rinse backside of sheet pan under water to cool for 10-15 seconds or until cool to touch. This will allow you to start the next batch on a cool pan and maintain consistency between batches..
- Repeat Steps 7-8 until all the cookie dough is used..
- Pour glass of cold milk (or almond milk) and enjoy!!!.
In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda and granulated sugar, and whisk to combine well. This gluten-free chocolate cookie recipe is super easy to make and will beat out any gluten-free chocolate chip cookies recipes because they are essentially a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie with extra chocolate. This gluten-free cookie is full of cocoa and chocolate chips making is a favorite. They taste very close to the real thing! How To Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.