Blueberry Oatmeal Bars. Blueberry Oatmeal Bars are a nutritious and delicious recipe the whole family will devour. One bowl and one pan are all you need for these easy & healthy oatmeal bars bursting with fresh blueberries! These blueberry oatmeal crumble bars are bursting with juicy blueberries, and filled with crunchy oatmeal crumble.
These whole-grain blueberry oatmeal bars are a deliciously healthy breakfast or snack. Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars recipe made healthy with whole wheat flour, oats, applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, fresh or frozen blueberries and a hint of lemon. I have so many emotions about theeeeese! You can have Blueberry Oatmeal Bars using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- You need 1 1/2 cups of gluten free oat flour (blend oats to make your own flour).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of gluten free rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 8 tablespoons of melted vegan butter (1 vegan butter stick).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- It’s of Blueberry Filling:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of or more blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract.
- You need pinch of salt.
These Blueberry Oatmeal Bars are so sweetly delicious. Made with fresh blueberries, a shortbread crust, and crunchy topping, you'll love the textures and flavors of these awesome bars. These blueberry bars are great to have anytime of the day! Oats add crunch to the taste crust and crumbly topping of these fruity, blueberry oatmeal bars.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper & spray with cooking spray.
- Base & crumble topping: In large bowl, mix together oat flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, & salt. Add in melted butter, vanilla & almond extract. Stir until a nice crumble-like dough forms..
- Place 1 3/4 cups of the mixture into pan & press down evenly with hands. put remaining crumble in fridge for later..
- Blueberry filling: place a pot over medium heat. add blueberries, syrup, almond extract, cornstarch, and salt. Use wooden spoon to press down on blueberries a bit..
- Bring pot to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 5-10 more minutes or until mixture is thicccccc.
- Pour blueberry filling into pan over the crust and spread evenly..
- Use the remaining crumble from the fridge to sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until blueberry filling is bubbly & crumble is golden.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting. serve immediately plain or with ice cream for a sweet treat (:.
I often bake them for church parties. —Deena Hubler, Jasper, Indiana. These Strawberry and Blueberry Oatmeal Cheesecake Cookie Bars feature two of my favorite fruits When I made these strawberry and blueberry oatmeal cookies towards the beginning of the summer. In these easy bar cookies, blueberries top a pastry crust and get sprinkled with a cinnamon crumble before Nutritional Information. These easy Blueberry Crumble Bars are made vegan and gluten-free for the ultimate breakfast recipe! Imagine fresh blueberries on a gluten-free, oatmeal crust and more of that crust served as a top.