Paan Icecream. Place your store bought vanilla ice cream on counter top for few minutes until it softens up and then transfer it to a large bowl. Whip the ice cream using a spatula. Add chopped paan leaves, gulkand, candied fennel, mishri, chopped dates and mint extract.
Sieve through a strainer and keep the juice aside. Deseed and finely chop the kharek. Mix together the paan juice, kharek, saunf, cardamom powder and gulkand in a bowl. You can cook Paan Icecream using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paan Icecream
- Prepare 1 litre of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 4 of beetel leaves (paan leaves).
- You need 5-6 of dried dates soaked overnight (chopped).
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of gulkand.
- Prepare Pinch of green food colour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need as needed of For garnishing coconut powder saunf and gulkand.
Wash the paan leaves and grind them into a fine paste along with the lemon juice in a food processor. Sieve through a strainer and keep the juice aside. Deseed and finely chop the kharek. Mix together the paan juice, kharek, saunf, cardamom and gulkand in a bowl.
Paan Icecream step by step
- Wash the paan leaves and grind with lemon juice, sieve through a strainer and keep aside..
- Chopped the dates..
- In a bowl mix together the paan juice,chopped dates,cardamom powder,fennel seeds and gulkand keep aside..
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of cold milk keep aside..
- Place the rest of milk in a pan to boil for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, stir..
- Add cornstarch stirring continuously. Add green food colour..
- Remove from the flame allow it to cool..
- Add paan flavoring mixture and cream to the milk..
- Mix well and pour in a shallow dish freeze for half an hour..
- Remove and beat with a hand blender..
- Freeze again for 5-6 hour or until firm..
- Scoop and garnish with coconut powder, saunf & gulkand serve chilled..
Method with step by step pictures: Wash and take out the stem of the paan leaves and cut them roughly. To make the paan ice cream: Once the milk is completely cool (be sure of this),take it out of the fridge, add the paan flavouring mixture and cream to the milk. Mix well and pour into a shallow dish. At this point, remove and beat with a whisk until smooth and creamy (or use a blender). Paan Ice-cream is a perfect dessert recipe after a heavy and hearty meal.