Mochi Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream. Pinch the dough together around the ice cream ball. Tender mochi stuffed with the easiest green tea ice cream ever that's egg free with no machine or churning involved. Garnish with extra matcha on top, if you please.
I love green tea ice cream but I feel this recipe called for too much matcha!! Could have cut the quantity down to only one tbs and it still would have been pretty. Velvety green tea ice cream inside wrapped in masterfully crafted mochi dough. You can have Mochi Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mochi Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- It’s 3/4 cup of Glutinous rice Flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Potato starch.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of full-fat coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of matcha green tea powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pitted medjool dates.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
Take your tongue on a textural adventure – hallelujah! Ice Cream Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Whey, Matcha Green Tea, Nonfat Dry Milk, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Stabilizer (Locust Bean Gum, Guar. Green tea ice cream (抹茶アイスクリーム, Matcha aisu kurīmu) or matcha ice (抹茶アイス Matcha aisu) is a Japanese ice cream flavor. This flavor is extremely popular in Japan and other parts of East Asia.
Mochi Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream instructions
- ICE CREAM: Place coconut milk, almond milk, matcha, dates, and honey in a blender and blend until well combined..
- Transfer it to a freezer-safe container and let harden for 4-6 hours..
- Scoop out the ice cream into silicon cupcake liners and freeze immediately until completely frozen again..
- MOCHI PREPARATION: Prepare your steamer. Cover the steamer lid with a towel so condensation won't drop into mochi mixture..
- Combine rice flour, water and sugar in a bowl..
- Put the mochi bowl instead steamer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring halfway. Mochi colour should change from white to semi translucent..
- ROLLING: Dust the work surface with potato starch. Drop the cooked mochi and dust potato starch over it also. Knead it a beat..
- Roll into disc. Dust off excess starch. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- ASSEMBLING: Keep the frozen ice cream ball over 1 mochi sheet. Gather and pinch the corners..
- Cover with plastic wraps and twist to close tightly. Freeze until firm, about 2 hrs..
Green tea ice cream is also sold in monaka form. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Mikawaya Mochi Ice Cream-Matcha Green Tea at Amazon.com. Grean Tea is amazing, Mango is Great and Kona Coffee is also out of this world. Place ice water in a large bowl that can hold a pot. Bubbies Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream.