Arabic Cookies Mamoul. Find Deals on Mamoul Cookies in Snack Food on Amazon. Place cookie into the mold cavity seam-side up. Press down so that the top is flush with edges of the mold.
What makes maamoul distinct are the subtle flavorings used in the dough and in the filling, including "Mahlab" aka Mahlepi an aromatic spice, rose water, orange blossom water, mistika, and in some cases acacia incense.. Flatten the cookie slightly; If desired, decorate the cookie using a fork or the plates from a cookie press; We found that the round plates that go inside of a cookie press are perfect for making little designs on the maamoul. But, if you don't feel like decorating the cookies, don't worry. You can cook Arabic Cookies Mamoul using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arabic Cookies Mamoul
- You need 1 1/2 cup of maida.
- It’s 1 cup of sooji (rava).
- You need 1 cup of milk powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 cup of powder sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar for yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of Ingredients for stuffing.
- It’s 1 cup of Mix dry fruits.
- You need 1/2 cup of figs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of date palm.
I often reminisce about the pastries from my childhood. I have fond memories of my mother and grandmother baking every weekend and sharing something sweet with the family. This Ramadan I wanted to try and make maamoul. I set out to replicate the maamoul from my childhood and found that our family.
Arabic Cookies Mamoul step by step
- First of all mix oil, ghee and sooji in a bowl and keep it overnight..
- Now on the next day mix yeast with sugar syrup and ferment it..
- Now mix all the ingredients and yeast in a bowl and allow it to rest for 1 hour..
- Now mix all the ingredients of stuffing and make small balls from it..
- After 1 hour make small ball of the dough slightly larger than balls of stuffing..
- Put the stuffing balls onto the dough balls and make cookies like shape..
- Now bake it in oven 180° for 15-20 mins..
- Tasty cookies are ready to eat..
Maamoul cookies are the famous middle eastern shortbread pastries filled with dates or nuts. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. And are made by hand or using special wooden molds to create different shapes – round like a ball, crescent form, shaped as a dome or flattened as a disc. These are very popular in Lebanon but can be found throughout the Middle East and North Africa. They are traditionally shaped as crescents or as pressed cookies and have several variations for the fillings.