Honey Nut Granola bars.
You can cook Honey Nut Granola bars using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Honey Nut Granola bars
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 3/4 cup of sliced almonds, pistachios and cashew.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of dates, blended.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried fruit, such as cranberries, raisins, etc.
Honey Nut Granola bars instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil..
- Spread the oats and nuts onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 7 minutes. Add the coconut and toss well with a rubber spatula, then place back in the oven to cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Keep an eye on it towards the end; you want the coconut to turn golden but not burn..
- In the meantime, In a small saucepan, add honey and heat over medium heat for a minute.Whisk and bring to a rapid boil, then turn off the heat and set aside. Add vanilla and salt to the honey, then pour over the oats and nuts..
- Gently stir in the dates puree, dried fruits and be careful not to overmix anything..
- Transfer the mixture to a square pan lined with parchment paper and press the mixture firmly into the pan using a piece of parchment paper on top and pressing with your hands all the way to the edges to get it nice and tightly packed..
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour to set up the bars so that they are easier to cut and hold together better..
- Transfer the bars to a cutting board, then use a large, sharp knife to cut into rectangles. Store the bars in a single layer in an airtight container, or wrap the bars individually in aluminum foil, for up to a week at room temperature..