Date palm jaggery tart with date palm jaggery ice cream. Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream, a deliciously amazing recipe to treat your family members. This recipe of Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream by Kankana Saxena will definitely help you in its preparation. Surprisingly the preparations for Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream can be done within few minute.
Just blend all the ingredients and freeze till set. A very unique flavored ice cream prepared with date palm jaggery. This jaggery is typically available in Kolkata, during winter. You can have Date palm jaggery tart with date palm jaggery ice cream using 10 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date palm jaggery tart with date palm jaggery ice cream
- Prepare of For tart shell we need.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of chilled butter(cut into cube).
- Prepare 7-8 tbsp of chilled date palm jaggery (liquid).
- Prepare as needed of Cling flim for wrapping.
- It’s of For ice cream we need.
- You need 250 ml of chilled amul fresh cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chilled date palm jaggery(liquid).
- Prepare 3 bottles of yakult (light).
The jaggery is derived from the sap of Date Palm Tree, which is cooked to bring that striking burgundy color. It's then stored in earthen pots that boosts its flavor and eventually solidifies. The Nolen Gur Ice Cream (Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream) is delicious and has an amazing aroma. Nolen Gur Ice Cream (Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream) by Priyanka Mukherjee will help you to prepare the perfect Nolen Gur Ice Cream (Date Palm Jaggery Ice Cream) in your kitchen at home. #yakult Date palm jaggery is very famous in bengal and date palm jaggery ice cream is also known dish in bengal.
Date palm jaggery tart with date palm jaggery ice cream step by step
- First we prepare tart shell.For that, take one large plate, add all purpose flour and baking powder to it. Mix it well..
- After mixing, add cold butter(cut into cubes) and again mix it well, by hand..
- This flour mixture texture looks like wet sand or bread crumbs..
- Now slowly add chilled date palm jaggery (liquid) into it and mix it well..
- Now bind all together and make a stiff dough..
- After that, take cling film and place the dough. Wrap it and flatten it by hand. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- In the meantime, prepare the ice cream. For that, take one bowl, add chilled fresh cream, chilled date palm jaggery (liquid) and using a hand blender, mix it well till it becomes thick..
- Now add yakult to it and mix it well using a blender..
- Cover it and keep the cream mixture in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours..
- Now back to tart shell preparation. After 1 hour, take out the tart dough from refrigerator and open the cling film..
- Then dust some all purpose flour on a flat surface and flatten the dough out with a rolling pin..
- After flattening it, take small bowl or round cookie cutter and cut it..
- It's will look like this..
- Now take tart shell moulds and butter them. Add the cut dough and shape it..
- After that, make small holes in the tart with the help of fork, so that it does not bloat from the middle..
- Again repeat the process for the remaining tarts..
- Bake the tart shells at 160℃ for 10 to 12 minutes. Time may slightly vary depending on your oven..
- After 10/12 minutes, the tart shell are ready. Keep them aside, until needed..
- Now back to ice cream.after 2 to 3 hours take it out from freezer and beat it again, till smooth..
- Cover it and again keep it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours and repeat the process for one more time.Doing this makes the ice cream more creamy..
- After beating 2 to 3 times, let it set for 6/7 hours, for the ice cream to set completely..
- After 6 to 7 hours, the ice cream is totally set and it's time to serve..
- Take the baked tart shells and add a scoop of ice cream in it. Garnish as per your choice..
- Serve immediately..
Here, i made this ice cream by using yakult and I added a twist by making a date palm jaggery tart. It's very delicious and healthy as here,I am using (probiotic) yakult and ja. Prepared with an aromatic short grain rice and date palm jaggery. Date Palm Jaggery powder has more nutritional and medicinal value than cane sugar. Acts as a cleansing agent for our body.