Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert. Roasting the broken wheat in ghee gives the Gujarati broken wheat sweet a rich brown colour, intense aroma and nice flavour. My mother adds whole spices like cloves and cinnamon to perk up fada ni lapsi. Lapsi has all the healthy goodness of ghee (which is an ultimate superfood), cracked wheat, jaggery/sugar, dry fruits, and cardamom powder.
If using jaggery as a sweetener in the daliya kheer, add it at the end after pressure cooking daliya and milk. This kheer can be cooked in an open non stick pan instead of pressure cooking it. Lapsi is a sweet dish made with roasted broken wheat & sweetened with jaggery. You can cook Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert
- Prepare 1 cup of Broken Wheat.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Dates.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 3/4 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chopped nuts.
Garnished with nuts, this cracked wheat sweet is perfect for celebrations. Jaggery is a healthier alternative to sugar and is rich in iron. Ghee is rich in dietary fiber and boosts immunity. What is Dalia or Broken Wheat?
Lapsi (Broken Wheat Dates Jaggery Pudding) – No Sugar Dessert instructions
- Heat 1 cup of water and jaggery in a saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes and strain to remove any residue. Keep it aside. Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add chopped nuts and roast until the colour changes to light golden. Turn off the heat and keep the roasted nuts aside..
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and saute on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns light pink in colour. Now add remaining 2 & 1/2 cups of water with strained jaggery water and chopped dates. Pressure cook on a high flame for 4 whistles..
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Now add the chopped dry fruits, salt, cardamom powder, fennel and pour remaining 1 tbsp of ghee over halwa. Serve hot..
- Tips: Amount of water will depend on the variety of broken wheat. White sugar or brown sugar can be used instead of jaggery..
Guaranteed to make your mouth watering. If u like My videos pls Share, Like 👍 & don't forget to Subscribe. Suchen Sie nach Lapsi Broken Wheat Sweet Pudding Gujarati-Stockbildern in HD und Millionen weiteren lizenzfreien Stockfotos, Illustrationen und Vektorgrafiken in der Shutterstock-Kollektion. Jeden Tag werden Tausende neue, hochwertige Bilder hinzugefügt. Roasting the broken wheat in ghee gives the Lapsi a rich brown colour, intense aroma A healthy halwa made with lapsi and jaggery.