Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies. Get Ready to Bake Cookie Dough and Brownie Batter Delivered to Your Home! First, I used old-fashioned rolled oats and do not recommend using a quick-cooking oat in this recipe. Additionally, I used a combination of dried fruit, dates and mango, in my cookies.
Also I did not use the dates; instead I used dried cherries. Next time I will try the dates. I think the recipe also needs some cinnamon or some other spice to jazz it up some. You can cook Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar plus some for coating.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour/maida.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped dates.
A healthy and low calorie cookie that tastes great. In a different bowl combine the flour through all spice. These tasty date oatmeal cookies use the natural sweetness of the dates rather than any added sugar to make a relatively healthy, easy and delicious treat. This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases.
Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Centigrade. Gather all the ingredients..
- In a large bowl, mix oil, vanilla, sugar and egg..
- Beat well with a hand beater till well mixed..
- Stir in the flours, soda and salt..
- Add the oats and chopped dates..
- Gently, mix with a spoon or better yet with clean hands (nature’s best tool!!) to form a smooth dough..
- Place some granulated sugar in a bowl. Make small balls of the dough and roll in the sugar..
- Place the rolled dough about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased pan. Press each ball flat..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes till slightly golden..
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks..
- Bite into heavenly, chewy healthy oatmeal date cookies and enjoy them with your evening chai/coffee!! Store leftovers in airtight containers. Enjoy!!!.
- For an eggless version, substitute the single egg with a flax seed substitute. Just soak 1 tbsp flax seed powder in 3 tbsp of water for about 5 minutes and then use in the place of egg. #oats.
Thoroughly unappetising and sludge-like as it looks, this is the secret to sweetness, moisture, colour and terrific texture for healthy sugar-free cookies!!! These Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are great for customising. It's actually a very forgiving recipe – thanks to the mashed dates that makes a solid batter base. Add chopped nuts to make these cookies even crunchier. After beating in the dry ingredients, stir up to one cup of pecans, walnuts, or almonds into the dough.