Dates ice cream. The wonderful thing about the basic recipe is you can adjust it to make so many different flavors. Before sugar became commonly available, dates were an important sweetener in Arabia, and even though this date ice cream must be a recent addition to the Arabian culinary repertoire, it makes use. In a food processor, blend three bananas, six dates, almond milk and vanilla, until creamy.
Instead, it is fruit and water based. Sherbet has some diary, but is still fruit and water based like sorbet. More ice cream… Looking for a dairy-free ice cream? You can have Dates ice cream using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dates ice cream
- It’s 500 ml of milk.
- Prepare 10 of soaked grinded dates(black or yellow).
- It’s 2 tbsp of custard powder.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped dry fruits.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
As the ice cream layer is not overly sweet, this sweet caramel works really well in contrast to it. This recipe is easy to make, gluten-free and nut-free. Juicy, sweet and fruity mango and creamy rich coconut give this ice-cream the perfect flavour and texture. Place the dates, cream, milk and vanilla essence in a saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring continuously.
Dates ice cream step by step
- Boil milk till it reduces to half then add custard(take 1/2 cup water and mix custard powder) and stirr continously for 10 minutes and add grinded dates, sugar vanilla essence and mix well and let it cool..
- When it cools down then add whipped cream and mix well and put in ice cream mould and freeze overnight..
- Dates ice cream ready. Garnish with dry fruits..
Remove pan from heat and purée the mixture with a stick blender. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the salt. It had been my intention to make the ice cream the next day, but it ended up being a few. I finally whipped up a simple custard base, chilled it, and folded the booze-soaked dates into the ice cream at the last minute. The resulting ice cream is boozy enough to be a grown-ups only kind of thing.