Maamoul cookies with pistachio, walnuts, and dates. My Pistachio Maamoul Cookies (معمول بالفستق) are another version of Maamoul Date Cookies served in the Middle East. It is filled with either Dates, Pistachios, Walnuts, Pecans and even some people fill them with dried fruits like figs. Ma'amoul cookies with the date filling are not sprinkled with powdered sugar.
If the molds are not available, you can make them just round. Maamoul cookies are traditionally filled with pistachios, dates or walnuts and shaped with a carved wooden mold or by hand. Maamoul or mamool are small shortbread cookies traditionally filled with dates, pistachios or walnuts. You can have Maamoul cookies with pistachio, walnuts, and dates using 24 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maamoul cookies with pistachio, walnuts, and dates
- It’s 750 g of fine semolina.
- It’s 500 g of coarse semolina.
- Prepare 500 g of margarine.
- You need 3/4 cup of rose water.
- You need 3/4 cup of blossom water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- It’s of icing sugar: quantity as desired.
- Prepare of nuts fillings:.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of nuts.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Arab /sugar syrup(Ater).
- You need 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of blossom water.
- It’s of pistachio filling:.
- You need 1/2 kg of grinded pistachio.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sugar syrup(Ater).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of blossom water.
- It’s of dates filling:.
- You need 1/2 kg of pitted dates(smashed).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter.
They are popular in Levantine cuisine I have fond memories of making cookies with my mum for Eid. Making maamoul is usually an event for family and friends to come together, all helping. These "Arab pizzas" called lahm bi ajin (or sfiha) date back to the fifteenth century and would have appeared in the region of the Maamouls are typical Lebanese shortbreads, usually stuffed with dates, but which can also be filled with pistachios, almonds or walnuts. Maamoul Cookies are melt in your mouth, date filled cookies that are low in sugar but robust in flavor.
Maamoul cookies with pistachio, walnuts, and dates instructions
- In a wide pot, add semolina with margarine, work it with hands till all margarine is mixed with semolina..
- Leave semolina aside for 4 hours in a cold area or for whole night..
- Later, add yeast, sugar, rose and orange water knead all together well into a paste..
- Make from dough small balls as wlanut size, line and cover to avoid drought..
- Nuts fillings: Preparation: Grind roughly the nuts, add sugar, sugar syrup, flavors, mix well together, cover the pot in a cooled area for half hour..
- You may form small balls from the dough to make fillings easier..
- Pistachio filling: Preparation: Prepare the pistachio filling same way as walnuts filling..
- Dates filling: Preparation: Melt the butter without heating, and mix with smashed dates then form small balls,smaller than the dough balls..
- Maamoul preparation: Place a piece of dough in the palm of the hand and flatted, then add around 1 tablespoon of filling to its center.
- Close it then bring the edges together and close the dough on the fillings. Place the dough in the wooden maamoul mold.
- Press it gently with your fingers until it becomes even with the mold surface..
- Slam the wooden mold's edges on a non sticky surface, until the moles maamoul drop out..
- To avoid dough being stuck in the mold cover the mold with cling wrap..
- Put the mammoul cookies on a tray and bake it in an already heated oven on 180° for 1/4 hour until goldiah color..
- Keep the maamoul cool, then using a strainer sprinkle the icing sugar above the maamoul with walnuts and pistachio fillings..
- Finally, fold the maamoul using special papers or keep them in a closed container and consummed when desired..
They are an ancient Arab dessert that are often made to celebrate Eid, the end of Ramadan. These three are the most common fillings you will find for maamoul. Ma'amoul is an ancient cookie filled with fruits and nuts such as dates, walnuts, and pistachios. The cookies are traditionally prepared for Easter, festivals, and Ones that have a date filling are round, and with a flattened top, the dome-shaped ones contain a walnut filling, whereas those filled with. Maamoul cookies are the famous middle eastern shortbread pastries filled with dates or nuts.