Nolen Gurer (Date Palm Jaggery) Cookies. Here I present Khejur Gurer Payesh also called Rice pudding with Date Palm Jaggery. Khejur gur /palm jaggery add another level of satisfaction. This is a perfect desert and pleases all kinds of.
The Bengalis, also known as bongs, residing. A for a bong winter means 'Nolen Gur', 'pithe puli', gurer payesh', 'Gurer sondesh/rosogolla'. But in outside of West Bengal these treats are always out fo your reach. You can cook Nolen Gurer (Date Palm Jaggery) Cookies using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nolen Gurer (Date Palm Jaggery) Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of conflour.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Patali gur (date palm jaggery solid form) grated.
- You need of Ghee 4-5 spoons if required for dough binding(optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of Nolen Gur.
Though you can get Bengali Sweets in other states of India, but Gur or Date palm jaggery is may be your dream. In fact, Bellam Paramannam, the Andhra Rice and Milk Pudding with Jaggery, is his favourite dessert. Nolen gur I.e date palm jaggery is a special jaggery extracted from dates/ khajur & is available only during winters in Kolkata. While the shada (white made out of sugar) sandesh is available all year round, the gurer sandesh is the exotic & tastier one.
Nolen Gurer (Date Palm Jaggery) Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven 180 degree celsius.Grease the baking tray..
- Beat butter, sugar, patali gur..
- Add sieved all purpose flour and conflour and mix it softly untill come together. Take dough little and make cookies and give pressure by finger on middle of cookies where you can put nolen gur later..
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 10-11 mins. Let it stand to cool. When it is cool down pour spoon of Nalen Gur at middle and serve..
The flavours of the jaggery lend a very unique taste to the sandesh. Nolen gurer payesh is a delicious rice kheer or rice pudding made with date palm jaggery and rice. Nolen gurer payesh recipe is a winter delicacy as fresh date palm jaggery arrives in the markets in winters in west bengal. Date palm jaggery gives a rustic earthy flavor to the kheer. Jaggery rasgulla recipe aka nolen gur rasgulla: Gur rasgulla is an addictive winter delight.