Luqaimat Famous Arabic Dessert by Pam(my version)…. See great recipes for Arabic ice cream, Arabic Vermicelli Dessert too! Great recipe for Luqaimat Famous Arabic Dessert by Pam(my version). one of the most popular sweets n d arab gulf countries during holy month of ramadan.here n our house even its not ramadan we used to cook it. :cookie :hungry Luqaimat recipe or a kind of arabic sweet dumpling is a very famous dish that the Emaratis enjoy during Ramadan or other times. Pretty easy to make, this dessert takes minimal ingredients, yet tastes absolute awesome.
An Arabic word that literally means 'bite-sized', it is a traditional dessert popular amongst ancient Bedouins for its ease of preparation; the luqaimat is a firm favourite at Iftar experiences during the Holy Month of Ramadan. Sweet Dumplings or Luqaimat (in Arabic), is a very famous dessert of the Arab world, originating in the Saudi Arabia. It has gained so much respect in the Emirati culinary world that its a must have Ramadan dish and almost all the cultural festivals serve these. You can have Luqaimat Famous Arabic Dessert by Pam(my version)… using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Luqaimat Famous Arabic Dessert by Pam(my version)…
- You need 2 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of custard.
- You need 1 tbsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and sugar.
- You need 2 of egg.
- It’s 2 cup of warm water or more.
- Prepare of extra….
- It’s 1 of dates dip or syrup.
- It’s 1 liter of cooking oil(its a deep fry).
Luqaimat are not much appealing from the presentation point… Crunchy Sweet Dumplings Luqaimat – Most Arabs enjoy Luqaimat in the Holy month of Ramadan, it is one of the popular desserts made in that month. If you could peak in any Arab Women's kitchen during the month of Holy Ramadan, you'll find a luqaimat batter resting on the kitchen table. If you' re on a diet… look away now. This fantastic Syrian dessert combines fresh cream and cheese inside soft rolls of semolina dough.
Luqaimat Famous Arabic Dessert by Pam(my version)… step by step
- sift all the dry ingredients…pour in a mixing bowl adding the egg and 1 cup of water.using a ballon wisk mix it untill well incorporated or untill you reach the batter like pancake batter(you can add more warm water if the batter is too thick or flour if too loose…thts why i write 2 cups of warm water)…
- cover and place in a warm place and wait untill double its bulk..
- in medium fire heat the oil(its deep fry)while heating the oil mix the batter again…when the oil gets hot using your hands drop batter like round bite size or u can use spoon to drop it..
- with constant stirring (to prevent from burning)cook it like 1 min or untill like golden brown.drain on papper towel.repeat the same procedure to the rest of the batter..
- serve hot and drizzled dates dip or syrup.enjoy!!!.
Luqaimat – لقيمات- is a well-known dessert between Arabs. Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrian, and Jordanians call it Luqmat al Kadhi – لقمة القاضي – and they make it in a complete different way than Gulf countries, although they all look the same. Luqaimat is a well-known dessert in the Arab world, commonly served after Iftar (breaking fast) at Ramadan (the holy month when Muslims fast). It is a crunchy dumpling that is usually served after pouring sweet syrup on top of it. Luqaimat is made of flour, sugar and yeast, and is then fried in oil.