Chickpea "cookie dough". This Chickpea Cookie Dough is made from wholesome ingredients, but will still satisfy your sweet tooth! Plus it's Vegan, Grain-Free, and Refined Sugar-Free. Serve with apple slices, pretzels, or anything else you think would complement the dough "dip" well.
But I wasn't so sure about it. I've made brownies with pumpkin, avocado, and black beans before but never cookie dough with. Chickpea cookie dough is a great alternative to traditional cookie dough that's loaded with sugar (and not to mention eggs!). You can cook Chickpea "cookie dough" using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea "cookie dough"
- You need 8 of dates, soaked.
- You need 250 grams of cooked chickpeas (or canned).
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut butter (or other nut butter).
- Prepare 1 tsp of carob powder (or cocoa).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of almond milk.
- Prepare of agave syrup.
- It’s 50 grams of mini chocolate chips.
The texture of the chickpeas, though unexpected, create a creamy base. Chickpea Cookie Dough: joke or jackpot? All in all, the dip is fair. But does it taste like cookie dough?
Chickpea "cookie dough" step by step
- Process the soaked dates in a food processor until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides occasionally..
- Add the chickpeas and process again until smooth..
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips and process until smooth..
- If the mixture is too thick, thin it out with almond milk. Add a couple of tbsp each time and blend..
- If you find the mixture not sweet at all, add a couple tbsp of agave syrup. The dates normally give enough sweetness. Keep in mind that the chocolate chips are gonna make it even sweeter so don't add too much syrup..
- Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Refrigerate, serve and enjoy :).
I could have tried to trick you the way I was tricked and call it "Healthy Protein Cookie Dough" like Lauren Conrad's blog did. Chickpea cookie dough is for those of us who can't seem to get the cookies in the oven. Love to eat cookie dough out of the bowl? Well, I have a solution for you! The key to the smooth texture, even though With Rollins' recipe, you can make this nutrient-rich cookie dough yourself.