Gingerbreadman Cookies. No holiday treat platter would be complete without gingerbread man cookies! Gingerbread cookies are a must for your holiday cookie tray. Anyone else feeling incredibly overwhelmed this holiday season?
Store these gingerbread cookies in a covered container. We bet you're wondering if you actually need to chill the. Gingerbread men cookies are such an epitome of Christmas baking, but I never tackled them for one primary reason – all of the gingerbread cookies I had ever tasted were. You can have Gingerbreadman Cookies using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gingerbreadman Cookies
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour (or 2 cups AP flour & 1/4 wholewheat).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened butter (I ran out and used 3 Tbsp butter and 4 Tbsp of plain yoghurt).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of molasses (I couldnt find molasses so I used date syrup).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of cooking spray.
Use a gingerbread cutter to cut out the cookies. With an offset spatula lift the cookies onto the baking sheet, placing. Gingerbread man cookies should not only be fun to decorate, they should taste great! These easy gingerbread men cookies aren't just cute and festive, they are downright.
Gingerbreadman Cookies instructions
- To prepare cookies, weigh or lightly spoon flour into measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, ginger, and next 5 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine brown sugar, butter, and molasses in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Divide dough in half (dough will be sticky). Gently press dough into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap. Cover with additional plastic wrap; chill 1 1/2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll each portion of dough to a 1/8-inch thickness on a floured work surface; cut with a 3-inch gingerbread man or woman cookie cutter to form 48 cookies. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack..
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, or ice with your favourite icing.
This is the recipe for you! Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookies is kinda irrelevant. We like our gingerbread people soft and almost a little fluffy. These gingerbread men cookies are loaded with warm winter spices with sweet taste. The texture of the gingerbread man cookies are soft, slightly crunchy and chewy.