Date/Oat Bars. Four Varieties of Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares, The Perfect Start to your Morning. Keep You Going Any Time Of The Day. Spread carefully with date mixture; top with remaining oat mixture.
The Best Oatmeal Date Bars Healthy Recipes on Yummly Add dates; simmer until very soft and thick, stirring occasionally. Feel free to either omit the maple syrup or swap it for another vegan sweetener, such as brown sugar or date syrup. You can cook Date/Oat Bars using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date/Oat Bars
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chia seeds.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 20 of Pitted dates.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Rolled oats.
- You need 1 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sunflower seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
Because dates are so sweet, dates provide the perfect natural alternative to added sugars in any date recipe. In fact, dates are such a great source of natural sugar, they have been processed to make natural sweeteners such as date juice, date sugar, dehydrated dates, date paste, ground dates, and even diced dates that you can add to recipes you want to sweeten up naturally. I added a small handful of mini-enjoy-life chocolate chips to the dates which melted nicely when I added the toasted oats, almonds and coconut, giving a darker color and a hint of chocolate. I used a pastry cutter to cut in the date/oat mixture which worked much better then a spoon or fork.
Date/Oat Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F Fahrenheit..
- In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds and cup of water. Set aside to form a gel..
- In a small bowl, microwave the dates and 1/2 cup water on high for 30 seconds. Blend the mixture until it forms a smooth paste..
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, sunflower seeds, raisins, and cinnamon. Stir in date paste and chia seed mixture..
- Pour into a lined or greased 8×8" baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Once cooled, cut into bars of desired size..
Home » Sweet Treats Deserts and Snacks » Date and Banana Oaty Bars with No Added Sugar. Date and Banana Oaty Bars with No Added Sugar. This Date Nut Bars Recipe is a low in sugar healthy breakfast bar recipe! These homemade date bars are the perfect snack or breakfast on the go! Walnut Oat Date Bars was my attempt at making a breakfast on-the-go bar.