Date oatmeal cookie. Stir in the oatmeal and dates. Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.. View All Recipes I Want to Discover.
Trying to reduce more of the sugar w/o losing all the qualities of the cookie. Does anyone know how to do that? Does the white sugar make it chewy and the brown sugar make it soft? You can have Date oatmeal cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date oatmeal cookie
- You need 10 oz of pitted date.
- You need 2 cups of quick cook oats flour.
- You need 8 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of milk powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mahleb ground.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fennel.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm milk +3 teaspoon.
The dates add lots of sweetness. Oatmeal Date Cookies that are chewy and soft in the center but crispy on the edges! These really are the perfect oatmeal cookie filled with chewy dates and crunchy pecans. You will love adding these to your holiday baking list! (Many thanks to Sunsweet for sponsoring this post!
Date oatmeal cookie instructions
- Over medium heat with 4 tablespoon of the butter add the date and smash till you get paste add 1 tablespoon cardamom and cinnamon let it cool.
- Roll it to thin paper using sprayed film.
- Mix all the dry ingredients mix with 4 tablespoon cold butter look like sand and start adding the warm milk the last 3 spoons mix one at time.
- The dough will be not hard and not sticky spray it and let rest for half hour.
- Roll the dough paper thin then add on top the date and start rolling like cinnamon roll and start cutting I used knife but use floss for sharp cut.
- About inch some shape I used a cookie cutter then brush with milk please lay it on top paper parchment so it will not burn the bottom.
- At reheated oven 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes keep watching the bottom of the cookie enjoy 😉.
These delicious oatmeal date cookies are studded with dates and have the perfect soft and chewy texture. My obsession with Medjool dates continues… this time in cookie form. I've always enjoyed eating and cooking with dates, but since learning all about medjool dates I've been obsessed with adding dates to just about everything. These tasty date oatmeal cookies use the natural sweetness of the dates rather than any added sugar to make a relatively healthy, easy and delicious treat. This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases.