Vi's Apricot Dessert. Pour the apricot nectar into a saucepan and bring to a boil. The Best Apricot Preserves Dessert Recipes on Yummly Download Apricot dessert stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
This apricot cream dessert is made with gelatin and pureed apricots. Whipped cream is added to the partially set gelatin mixture before serving. In Latin, apricot means "precious," a label earned because it ripens earlier than other summer fruits. You can cook Vi's Apricot Dessert using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vi's Apricot Dessert
- You need 2 of – 3 fresh, ripe apricots per person, you can use 1 white or yellow nectarine or peach instead — whatever is the best and ripest available.
- Prepare of Thick, full-fat Greek yoghurt, or full-fat crème fraîche.
- Prepare of Pecan nuts or almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped.
- You need of Chopped dried fruit, such as dates, figs or dried cranberries.
- Prepare of Acacia or Hymettus honey.
- It’s 1 pinch of dried sweet lavender flowers or ground cinnamon (optional). Note: all lavender varieties are edible, but sweet lavender is the best-tasting.
A relative of the peach, the apricot is smaller and has a smooth, oval pit that falls out easily when the fruit is halved. Apricot, cinnamon & olive oil cake. Apricot dessert with almonds – Opposites attract: sweet compote and sour cream cheese fit together perfectly. Cut apricots crosswise, blanch in hot water and rinse in cold water, peel, halve and pit.
Vi's Apricot Dessert instructions
- Place 1 tablespoon of Greek yoghurt or crème fraîche in the bottom of a ramekin or small bowl and top it with several halves of stoned apricots. If you’re using peaches or nectarines, cut them in half, remove the stone and then slice each half into three. Use 5 or 6 pieces per portion..
- Top with 2 tablespoons of yoghurt or crème fraîche. Pour over a generous teaspoon of honey and sprinkle with a tablespoon of mixed chopped nuts and dried fruits and the lavender flowers or cinnamon..
- If the apricots look good but they’re not as ripe and juicy as you’d hope, all is not lost. Make a simple syrup from 300ml of water, 100g sugar and the juice of 1 lemon. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the halved and stoned apricots, bring back up to a boil, remove the pan from the heat and let the apricots cool in the syrup. Refrigerate until needed, drain the apricots and use them as above..
Apricot dessert made from dry apricot, easy and tasty. This European-style Apricot Tart shows how good perfectly ripened apricots can taste. There's nothing better than a perfectly ripe, in-season apricot…well, except for these apricot recipes. We've got recipes for dried apricots, too. This dessert is so easy to make there is no need to give a recipe.