Chocolate and Almond Macaroons. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Get Almond Macaroons today w/ Drive Up or Pick Up. Get decor fast with Target Drive Up, Pick Up, or Same Day Delivery.
Careful not to overbake, as the cookies will lose their texture. This was the best almond macaroon recipe I found! I made them as part of my French display on Bordeaux at Foreign Language Day and by the end there was only one left. You can have Chocolate and Almond Macaroons using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate and Almond Macaroons
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 packages of (14 oz.) Sweetened flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Almond extract.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 24 of Whole unblanched almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dark chocolate morsels.
It was hard keeping my family away from them- they loved the almond taste. I left out the chocolate (because it didn't seem very French) which was fine. Press together gently so chocolate oozes out slightly. Return cookie to rack, and let chocolate harden.
Chocolate and Almond Macaroons step by step
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Drop dough by lightly greased tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press an almond into top of each cookie..
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool..
- Microwave 1/2 cup chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute and 15 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals and at end. Transfer to a 1 qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag; cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe melted chocolate over cooled cookies by gently squeezing bag..
The longest time will be allowing them to cool before dipping them in milk chocolate and chopped almonds. Scoop macaroons using a medium cookie scoop onto a prepared baking sheet. Press one almond into the top of each macaroon. Be careful not to over heat. Add sugar, almond and walnuts, and mix with a spatula until.