Sawine (vermicelli dessert). Sawine is a rich, creamy, comforting dessert made with milk and vermicelli(fine noodles) that's flavored with ginger, cinnamon and sometimes other aromatic spices. Sawine is a popular dessert in Trinidad, made with toasted vermicelli, milk and spices and is usually made during Eid celebrations. Today, I am preparing a vermicelli cake called sawine or sewine.
It is made with vermicelli noodles, almonds, sugar, milk, cinnamon, and raisins. The vermicelli are first parched until. Sawine or sewine is hard to describe: it's not a drink yet we slurp it down in cups, but then it's not even porridge because it has vermicelli in it. You can cook Sawine (vermicelli dessert) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sawine (vermicelli dessert)
- It’s 1 tsp of clarified butter (optional).
- It’s 1 dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 6 clove of (or a dash of the ground version).
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick (or a dash of the ground version).
- Prepare 8 oz of package of vermicelli noodles.
- You need 5 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
Confusing as it may seem, this is one sweet delicacy I look. Sawine (Vermicelli) Dessert Recipe / Resep Sawine. Prepare Vermicelli Porridge (Sevai Kheer) for diabetics in u. This is what the vermicelli looks like straight from the pac.
Sawine (vermicelli dessert) step by step
- Break up the vermicelli into roughly 1 inch pieces..
- On medium to low heat, put clarified butter into pot along with cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. The butter is completely optional especially if you use a non stick pot..
- If you are using the butter, then once it is melted, (should be less than a minute for it to fully melt) then toss in vermicelli pieces. If you aren't using the butter, then simply toss in the noodles with the spices..
- Making sure to constantly swirl the vermicelli in the butter so that it doesn't burn, quickly toast the vermicelli until pieces are a light brown color. This should take about 3-5 mins..
- When you are done toasting the vermicelli, pour in the water (be careful of the steam because the pot is already hot) and turn the heat up to boil the vermicelli..
- After about 15 mins, the vermicelli should be tender. Test to be sure. The noodles should be a little softer than al dente..
- Pour the evaporated milk and condensed milk into the water. Just stir until milk is warmed then take off of heat. This will thicken when it is cold..
- To make this sweeter add more condensed milk. To thin it out of you prefer, add regular milk. For variation or crunch you can add unsalted peanuts, or sliced almonds..
Sawine is a traditional Guyanese and Trinidadian spiced vermicelli cake prepared by Muslims to celebrate Eid al Fitr. Note: It is also possible to serve sawine as a hot dessert soup. You can get these ingredients at the following Xtra Food locations: Arima, Grand. The Best Vermicelli Dessert Recipes on Yummly Punjabi Sawian (punjabi Vermicelli Dessert), Pumpkin Chai Holiday Cupcakes, Osmalieh Vermicelli Dessert.