New York cheesecake. Find Deals on Cheesecake New York in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. We Are the Largest Online Restaurant Supplier Serving Restaurants and Individuals. All of these ingredients also make New York cheesecake so tall.
But make sure it's a small one! Finally, New York cheesecake is often served plain (or with some simple berries on top) so the tangy flavor can really shine. Pour the mixture into the springform pan and using a mixing cup press the crumbs. You can have New York cheesecake using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of New York cheesecake
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 24 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1 can of condensed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Strawberry topping.
- It’s 1 box of strawberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of red food coloring.
New York cheesecakes are rich and dense, and are often made with sour cream as well as cream cheese. Find a new favorite NY cheesecake recipe, plus ratings, reviews, and baking tips. With the tips that I picked up on allrecipes.com, Chantal's New York Cheesecake was a hit with my family & friends. After cooling, the top remained level and the center firmed up.
New York cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 °F..
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. set aside..
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Press on bottom and up sides of prepared pan..
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool..
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk at high speed with a beater until creamy..
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, mixing well..
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until each one is incorporated. TIP: Beat eggs at minimum speed or manually. If too much air gets into the mix then it will puff too much during baking and then crack when it sinks..
- Add lime juice and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth..
- Pour into prepared crust..
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until mixture is almost set and slightly firm to the touch. Run a knife around edge of pan to release sides and help prevent cracking..
- Cool to room temperature, cover and chill at least 8 hours..
- Crush the strawberries with a fork and place them in a small pot..
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the crushed strawberries..
- Add lemon juice, 1/4 cup of sugar and food coloring..
- Cook until dense, then remove from heat and cool..
- Cover the cheesecake with the topping and refrigerate until cold..
The top was a beautiful golden brown with no dry edges. The inside was creamy and smooth, and not too sweet. Here's the recipe for the New York-style cheesecake. New York cheesecake is known for its creamy, satiny texture. It's rich, dense and tall with a flat top – exactly how I like my cheesecake.