Seven layerd bars. This is a delicious combination of ingredients! However, if you follow the directions provided with the Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars recipe submitted by Eagle Brands, they come out much prettier and easier to cut and eat. It's the same exact ingredients — just a different method.
They are my Christmas baking tradition because they are so darn easy to make. Press with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the dish. I've shared lots of variations on seven layer cookie bars over the years. You can have Seven layerd bars using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seven layerd bars
- You need 1 box of graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1/2 packages of chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 packages of butterscotch chips.
- Prepare 1 can of sweet condensed milk.
- You need 1/2 packages of coconut flakes.
- It’s 1/2 packages of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1 can of cooking spray ( a few sprays).
- Prepare 1/2 packages of peanut butter chips (optional).
There are seven layers so seven ingredients after all! This is the original version – the recipe I grew up making with my mother every year during the holidays. I think it's pretty similar, even the same as the Eagle Condensed Milk. They are a pure Midwestern treat for me, often brought to potlucks to round out a shared meal.
Seven layerd bars instructions
- Spray pan with cooking spray, then spread graham crumbs in pan, next pour condensed milk over crumbs refrigerate for 15 minutes..
- Next take out of fridge, pour in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut flakes then walnuts..
- Next bake for 25 minutes on 350° after that set bars aside until they cool. Cut them enjoy remember to refrigerate bars..
All the names for the same dessert might seem confusing, but luckily, there's nothing confusing about making them. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. Sprinkle pecans, chips and coconut on top. Easy to make, gluten-free, and insanely delicious! Press mixture into prepared baking dish.