7 Layer Cookie Bar. Find Deals on Cookie Bars in Personal Care on Amazon. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. This is a delicious combination of ingredients!
Press with the palm of your hand into the bottom of the dish. I've shared lots of variations on seven layer cookie bars over the years. These bars work with any variety of cookies. You can cook 7 Layer Cookie Bar using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 7 Layer Cookie Bar
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Crisco butter.
- It’s 1 cup of Honey Maid Graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1 can of 14 oz Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 packages of Nestle or Hershey semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 packages of Reeses peanut butter chips.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Bakers Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut flakes.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
I found a cookie bar recipe years ago and have tried different variations to finally achieve a winning recipe my sons absolutely love. They prefer the recipe presented here, but you can vary the chips and nuts according to your taste. This recipe was sent to Southern Living by Mrs. Why is this recipe so special?
7 Layer Cookie Bar step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Place 1/2 cup butter in a 8 1/2 by 13 inch pan and place in oven as it is preheating. Wait for butter to melt (app. 5 mins)..
- Remove pan with melted butter from oven. Add graham cracker crumbs to melted butter. I eyeball the crumbs so you may have to add more if the entire bottom of the pan 8 not completely and evenly covered with the crumbs. You should have a nice and even layer of crumbs that will be your base..
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk onto the crumbs. I usually get the 14 Oz Eagle Brand…. it is by far the best brand to use. If you want to cut fat, use the low fat version instead. Make sure to pour milk evenly onto the crumbs..
- This is the fun part…. use 1/2 the bag of semi sweet chips…. just sprinkle the chips evenly across the milk. You can vary the type of chips if you want..
- Now sprinkle 1/2 the bag of peanut butter chips on top to create a nice layer of chocolaty & peanut buttery goodness..
- Layer the coconut flakes on top of the chips. You can add more flakes…. I love coconut so I actually use 2 to 3 cups..
- Sprinkle the remaining semi chocolate and peanut butter chips on top of the coconut flakes. Make sure it is distributed evenly across the pan..
- Now add the chipped walnuts. Sprinkle evenly on top..
- Using a spatula, press down firmly on the bars. This will pack the chips, coconut and nuts into the sweetened condensed milk and graham cracker crumbs..
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The coconut should be toasted once done..
- Now let the bars cool, at least 2 hours or overnight to let set. If you cut the bars too soon, you will end up with a gooey mess. Still yummy, but you will not achieve the cookie bar results unless you are patient and wait..
- When completely cooled, cut the cookie into bars. Makes about 24 bars..
For starters, it was the first-ever bar cookie recipe ever featured in Southern Living Magazine, and it was. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars are always a hit! The coconut, milk chocolate chips, and pecans caramelize while it bakes. A quick and easy delicious dessert. These Magic Cookie Bars are ridiculously easy – thus the name "magic".