Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped). You could definitely enjoy them without the chocolate bottom, or you could drizzle the. Even first-time cookie makers can pull off super moist, tender, chewy macaroons. Using sweetened condensed milk streamlines the operation and produces a very nice texture.
Modern day coconut macaroons are soft coconut cookies, sometimes made with almond paste or even potato starch. Just dip the cookies in melted chocolate and place on a parchment-lined plate. The chocolate will harden on its own, but to speed up the process you can put it in the fridge or freezer. You can cook Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped)
- You need 3 each of 7 ounce bags flaked & sweetened coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, start with only half of this (more or less as needed).
- You need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces).
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of margerine.
- It’s 2 tsp of real vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 packages of semisweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate if u like them sweeter, the macaroons aren't very sweet).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cooking wax for thinning & making the chocolate shiny.
These dense and chewy coconut macaroons are dipped in dark chocolate for the ultimate decadent treat, and they also feature a It was no surprise then, that when I was telling her about my cravings for coconut macaroons, her head went straight to dipping my favorite cookie into chocolate. I followed the recipe exactly as written. The cookies were wonderful and the first cookie eaten by anyone I gave cookies to this year – and that person usually wanted to hide the rest : ) This will become an annual 'must bake'. Coconut Macaroons-chewy on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside, these macaroons are perfection!
Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped) step by step
- Preheat oven to 300° F. If u have a big oven you should use the middle rack to bake these. If you have a small oven you should use the top rack of your oven….
- Melt margarine in microwave, set aside to cool a bit… In a large mixing bowl mix all the coconut with half of the flour (you'll probably need more later but not at this point) Set this aside….
- In another bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, eggs & melted but cooled a bit margarine until well incorporated….
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture (coconut & half the flour) Use a good stiff spoon such as a metal or wooden one to mix all together until well incorporated….
- After mixing together at this point your mix needs to be tested… Take a tbs of mix and put it on a saucer… If the mix stays in a pile without spreading then it should be fine, if not you will now have to start adding in the other half of the flour & mixing in after each tbs until you have the right consistency… Keep testing it after adding flour by adding by tbs onto a saucer & make sure to add it back to the other mix each time….
- Now you can drop by tbs onto a cookie sheet & bake until the tops are just starting to get golden in color & the bottoms should be light golden brown… When done pull out of the oven & let sit 4-5 minutes… After sitting carefully remove with a spatula & put on a plate or platter to finish cooling… Put another batch in the oven & repeat until all mix is used up….
- At this point you can dust them with powdered sugar & eat them if you'd like… Otherwise put about 1/2 of your bag of chocolate chips in a bowl with your wax then into the microwave on low setting until melted… (I use a paring knife to shave the wax so that it melts better) After the chocolate is melted dip each macaroon into the chocolate & shake off excess… Put back onto plate or platter & into the freezer or fridge so the chocolate sets….
- Now you can eat them, share them or store them in airtight containers! I hope you all enjoy them! They are delicious & addicting!!.
Dip the macaroons into the chocolate until just the bottoms are covered, then set them onto the parchment paper to dry. If you have extra chocolate, drizzle it over the tops of the cookies! Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons have wonderfully crispy edges and soft and chewy centers. They are lovely when dipped in melted chocolate. Enjoy them plain, dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, or just place a small chocolate chunk into the center of each cookie.