7 layer bars. Get Quick Access to recipes collections online Anytime This is a delicious combination of ingredients! However, if you follow the directions provided with the Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars recipe submitted by Eagle Brands, they come out much prettier and easier to cut and eat. It's the same exact ingredients — just a different method.
Magic Bars include something for everyone and that's part of their appeal. There are seven layers so seven ingredients after all! This is the original version – the recipe I grew up making with my mother every year during the holidays. You can cook 7 layer bars using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 7 layer bars
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 of butterscotch chips.
- Prepare 1 of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 of sweet coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of graham crackers crushed.
They are a pure Midwestern treat for me, often brought to potlucks to round out a shared meal. All the names for the same dessert might seem confusing, but luckily, there's nothing confusing about making them. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars are always a hit!
7 layer bars step by step
- Melt butter add graham crackers and press flat.
- Srinkle chips and coconut then add milk and finally sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes or edges are browned. Let cool completely before cutting..
The coconut, milk chocolate chips, and pecans caramelize while it bakes. A quick and easy delicious dessert. These Magic Cookie Bars are ridiculously easy – thus the name "magic". That is a lot of names for the same thing! They are all variations on OLD FASHIONED SEVEN LAYER BARS.