Cheesecake Flan. Visit Our Website For Delectable Recipes, Now! This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, I ended up with a flan-flavored cheesecake instead, thanks to the power of caramelized sugar.
It is rich with a smooth, silky texture and the delicious caramel syrup is making it absolutely irresistible. It is the kind of dessert that needs to be made in advance as chilling it is essential. In a small saucepan add sugar. You can have Cheesecake Flan using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesecake Flan
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 (8 ounce) of package of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 (14 ounce) of can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 (12 ounce) of can of evaporated milk.
- You need 5 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
Melt over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until golden. Swirl the pan to spread evenly. Cream cheese flan is the ultimate dessert! Velvety smooth and creamy with a luscious caramel sauce, it's your favorite cheesecake and flan rolled into one sweet treat!
Cheesecake Flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Have ready a 10 inch round baking pan and a larger pan for baking pan to fot in for a wayer bath.
- In a small heavy saucepan heat 1 cup of the sugar and lemon juice over medium heat until melted, stir just a few times with a small rubber spatula to insure even heating, swirl pan once sugar melts. This is a quick process, once the sugar melts swirl just until golden.
- As soon as its melted and starting to color pour into your baking dish tilting to try to cover bottom. If it starts to stick and stops moving don't worry it will work itself out in the oven.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating each egg in.
- Beat in condensed, milk, evaporated milk heavy cream, salt, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over melted sugar in baking dish.
- Place a kitchen towel in roasting pan that holds the baking dish to prevent slipping.
- Place filled baking dish on towel and fill baking dish with enough hot water to come just halfway up baking dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until center is just set. Cool on wire rack until room temperature then cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To un mold run a thin knife around flan and invert onto serving platter.
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Not only is it one of the primary drivers of traffic to. Rich and Creamy Flan with a beautiful amber sauce makes for a striking presentation. If you like cheese cake you will love this. You can add a bit of Amaretto Liquor if you like, or serve with a little Kahlua Liquor and a dollop of whipped cream. Place the sugar, water and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.