Lemon Bars. Vegan, Gluten & Dairy Free Made w/ Only Real Lemon, Cashews, Almonds & Dates. A Delicious Snack Bar You Can Feel Good About Eating. Try Fiber One Brownie Bars Today!
These lemon squares are a delightful recipe from my mother's file. I've been serving it for many years. This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. You can have Lemon Bars using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- You need of For crust:.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- It’s of For filling:.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of Zest of one lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s of Yellow food coloring (optional).
The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our house. We're much more of a chocolate chip cookie/chocolate pie/chocolate sheet cake/chocolate ice cream/chocolate potato chip/chocolate everything household, followed by fruit cobblers and crisps…so I sometimes have to remember to bring lemon bars back into the forefront from time to time. The Contessa's easy-to-make lemon bars make a great dessert for a picnic. Citrus zest is a great flavor booster.
Lemon Bars step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside..
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the crust and mix together until it forms a dough. Press the dough in the bottom and half way up the sides of the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes..
- In a large bowl combine all of the filling ingredients and mix until everything is well mixed. Pour into the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes..
- Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and 2 hours in the fridge. Dust with confectioner sugar and cut into bars..
Sugar: Sugar sweetens the crust and lemon curd filling layers. Not only this, it works with the eggs to set up the lemon filling. If reduced, the filling will be too wet. I craved lemon bars my entire pregnancy and the day i finally made this recipe.i went into labor! Im not saying these bars are magic, but im not saying these bars arent magic either.