Chocolate covered cherry cookies. Tasty Sandwich Cookies Filled With Crème & Covered In Chocolatey Deliciousness. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Press down center of each ball with thumb.
Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until smooth. Change the number in the box above to adjust serving size. You can cook Chocolate covered cherry cookies using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate covered cherry cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baking cocoa.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 48 of maraschino cherries, blotted dry.
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- It’s 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1-3 tsp. of maraschino cherry juice.
Please note that size of cookware and. Remove to wire rack; cool and serve. After this is all mixed up and the cookies are cooled off a bit, spoon the melted chocolate on the cookie, just enough to cover the cherry. Or more if you like your cookies messy.
Chocolate covered cherry cookies instructions
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing between each addition (batter will be very firm). Shape into 48 balls, about 1 inch round, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (I line mine with parchment paper). Push 1 cherry halfway into each ball..
- For frosting, melt chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add cherry juice and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tsp. of frosting over each cherry (the frosting will spread over cookie during baking). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. I put mine in for 12. Cool on wire racks..
So I found another cookie I like- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies. Add flour and cocoa; beat until well combined. Use your thumb to gently create an indentation in the center of the cookie. Place a Maraschino cherry in the center of each cookie. As the cookies are baking, create the chocolate topping.