Banana chocolate chip cookies. Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you like banana bread, you'll love these Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are a great way to use up overripe bananas and have a soft cake-like texture.
These banana cookies are adapted from my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Bananas contain so much moisture that more flour is needed to absorb it. You're going to love the bold banana flavor, the chewy oats that add so much. You can cook Banana chocolate chip cookies using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana chocolate chip cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of bananas mashed.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of filberts nuts (optional).
I love making these banana chocolate chip cookies because they are easy to make and they are on the healthier side. I add chocolate chips because chocolate chips are always a good idea in cookies! These oatmeal banana cookies will remind you of banana bread, but in cookie form. The banana chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy, and the perfect spin on chocolate chip cookies.
Banana chocolate chip cookies step by step
- Mix the butter and sugar until it light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder,salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and mix well adding chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 in apart on cookie sheet bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or tell edge are light brown.
After extensive testing and a few of bunches of bananas later, I'm incredibly happy with this recipe. These Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies are sure to become a new favorite – so soft and delicious, they're impossible to resist! Banana-infused, wholesome, studded with chocolate chips! These cookies begin with a flax egg, made by adding flaxseed meal and water to a mixing bowl and letting it sit to achieve an "eggy" texture. These Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are moist, chewy, dense and full of banana and chocolate chips!