Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add a creamy filling full of chocolate chips between two fluffy red velvet cakes for a delectable heart-shaped whoopie pie treat. Spoon the filling onto the bottom of a heart.
How to make moist and soft red velvet whoopie pies filled with cream cheese filling! These cake-like cookie sandwiches are irresistible! I've made chocolate whoopie pies more times than I can count. You can have Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- It’s 1 of pkg.red velvet cake mix( regular size).
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil ( I used 1/3 cup ).
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of Filling ing..
- Prepare 1 of pkg.(8 oz ) cream cheese – softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter- softened.
- It’s 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi-sweet miniture chocolate chips – 6 oz..
I love the family recipe so much that I published it in the paperback edition of Sally's Baking Addiction. Grandma's Best Baking Recipes – Grandmas always know the best tried and true baked goods, and these recipes prove it! Feel like a kid again with recipes for cakes, cookies, breads and more from Grandmas across the country. Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies for Valentines Day.
Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Whoopie Pies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° ..
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs & extract. Beat on low for 30 seconds. Then on medium speed for 2 min..
- Cut a 1/2" hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in food safe plastic bag.Transfer batter to bag. Pipe 1and 1/2" x 1" skinny hearts onto parchment paper.Spacing 1" apart. I drew mine on . Then turned paper over. Followed my outline..
- Bake 6-8 min or until edges are set. Cool 2 min. Remove to wire rack to cool..
- In a bowl beat cream cheese & butter until blended. Gradually beat in sugar stir in choc. Chips. Spread filling on bottoms of half the heart. Top with other one. Reftrgerate leftovers..
Our red velvet whoopie pie recipe is perfect if you fancy trying something different to cupcakes. These red velvet whoopie pies look impressive but they are so easy to make! They are perfect if you're bored of cupcakes but want a small treat and they make a fantastic homemade gift too. I'm not sure what it is about the holidays and red velvet, but they just seem to go together. You can also roll them in something fun like crushed candy canes or mini chocolate chips for color and variation.