Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies. Make a batch of old-fashioned oatmeal cookies even more special by adding chocolate chips and raisins. Use this perfect oatmeal cookie as the base for other add-ins such as raisins, dried cranberries, and nuts. Stir in ground walnuts, oats, chocolate chips and raisins.
Before you get started, check out Betty's tips on how to bake the perfect cookie and everyone will ask for the recipe! Oatmeal and chocolate chips are great together. Add in some pecans and coconut and we're pretty excited. You can have Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies
- It’s 3/4 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked oats.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 12 oz of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Add chocolate chips and continue to mix well. Flatten the cookies a bit, so they resemble thick disks (they won't spread very much while baking). I packed chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and cinnamon into my oatmeal cookie recipe. These soft cookies are easy to make.
Oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookies instructions
- In small mixing bowl beat shortening & sugars until creamy, add eggs & vanilla beat until blened..
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, oats, salt and cinnamon; gradually add butter mixture..
- Stir in chocolate chips & rasins..
- Spray baking sheet with coconut oil. You can use pam or butter or if you like. Drop spoonfuls on lightly greased sheet..
- Preheat oven 350. Every ovens different so feel free to adjust temperature slightly. Bake 8-14 minutes, if you like cookies chewy bake 10-12 minutes..
Best of all, our kids love them! Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and. Thankfully these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies can be made with either raisins or chocolate chips and be just as delicious. Heck go crazy and add some nuts while you're at it!