The best chewy chocolate chip cookies. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Soft, Chewy, & Delicious Gluten Free Cookies Delivered. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight.
They are, after-all, THE quintessential, iconic American cookie! The best chewy chocolate chip recipe that you're family will love! These cookies are crisp on edges, soft, chewy center, and gooey melted chocolate chips. You can have The best chewy chocolate chip cookies using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The best chewy chocolate chip cookies
- You need 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup (165 g) of brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (115 g) of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/4 cups (155 g) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 4 oz (110 g) of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
- You need 4 oz (110 g) of dark chocolate chunk, or your preference.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. These really are my new favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies. Now, that's a big statement because I haven't cheated on this recipe in two and a half years!. Any cookie I'm going to stuff with add.
The best chewy chocolate chip cookies step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps..
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture..
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies)..
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be..
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown..
- Cool completely before serving..
These cookies are so good that I've dubbed them "The Best Chewy Café-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies". These cookies are so soft and chewy that after sitting out on the counter uncovered overnight (woops) they were STILL SOFT AND DELICIOUS IN THE MORNING. Once the flour is worked in, drop the speed to "stir" and add the chocolate chips. These chocolate chip cookies were very, very good. I have been trying chocolate chip cookie recipes forever to find the perfect cookie and this one is very close.