Standard Chocolate Chip Cookies. A chocolate chip cookie is a drop cookie that originated in the United States and features chocolate chips or chocolate morsels as its distinguishing ingredient. These chocolate chip cookies will look a little doughy when you remove them from the oven, and thats good. They will set up as they sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes.
They are so ridiculously delicious… and not just for a healthy cookie either! Have you ever wondered why chocolate chip cookies can be chewy, crisp, soft, flat, thick, cakey, greasy, bland, flavorful, moist, or crumbly? This information will allow you to alter or create your own chocolate chip recipe that produces cookies just the way YOU like them. You can cook Standard Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Standard Chocolate Chip Cookies
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 bag of chocolate chips.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is very similar to the recipe that is on the back of the bag of Nestle's Chocolate Chips. Learn how to make Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch. A friend who bakes cookies is the best kind of friend! Learn how to make this delicious and easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies for friends, family, a party or just because you simply love cookies.
Standard Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Beat butter/shortening with granulated and brown sugar until creamed. Add vanilla..
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each egg..
- Gradually add the flour mix to the dough..
- Fold in chocolate chips..
- Drop on to an un-greased cookie sheet. Around 12 per sheet..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes..
Serve them with milk or a nice cup of tea! I'd been making chocolate chip cookies (like these) for years before a batch I took to work was greeted with rapturous praise and declared "the best cookies ever" by my coworkers. Sure, the cookies were good, but I had used a standard chocolate-chip cookie recipe. I'll show you how to make the Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and why it will give you a perfect chocolate chip cookie every time! I've been on the quest to find the perfect end-all be-all chocolate chip cookie recipe.