Macaroons. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Try something different with these Italian Almond Macaroons. Most Made Today Coconut Macaroons III.
To make coffee macaroons (my fav!): sift one teaspoon of instant espresso powder (you know, the one with the green cap!) into the almond flour & p. sugar. A macaroon (/ m æ k ə ˈ r uː n / mak-ə-ROON) is a small cake or cookie, typically made from ground almonds (the original main ingredient), coconut or other nuts (or even potato), with sugar and sometimes flavorings (e.g. honey, vanilla, spices), food coloring, glacé cherries, jam or a chocolate coating – or a combination of these or other ingredients.. Coconut is one of those ingredients that people seem to love or hate, without much middle ground. You can have Macaroons using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Macaroons
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare 4 large of (130gms) egg whites.
- You need 1 cup of (120 gms) granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 12 cup of (60 gms) cake flour, sifted.
- It’s 3 cup of (300 gms) sweetend shredded coconut.
- Prepare 2 can of condense milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter.
If you love coconut, pin this coconut macaroons recipe right now and save it! In the past, I've always made my coconut macaroon cookies with just two ingredients, shredded coconut and sweetened condensed milk. It might be unfair to think of coconut macaroons as the country cousins of French macarons, but like the chicken and the crocodile, despite their outward differences, it turns out the two cookies are related after all. These mounded cookies are made with shredded coconut.
- Place the butter in a big bowl then add sugar and mix well..
- Add the eggs, salt, flour, vanilla and condense milk then stir/beat until all ingredients are blended.
- Put in the sweetened shredded coconut and distribute evenly with the other ingredients in the mixture.
- In a mold (paper cups if possible). Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups..
- Pre-heat oven at 200°F celsius for 10mins..
- Bake untill color turns golden brown..
- Serve during dessert or snack time..
In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Whisk whites with a mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar, and whisk until soft peaks form.