German chocolate cheesecake. This German Chocolate Cheesecake is show stopping Christmas worthy! I've also included very It's time for German Chocolate Cheesecake. Now before you scroll down and get intimidated by the.
German Chocolate Cheesecake. "My daughter requests this as her birthday cake, and I take it to potlucks, church dinners or any time the dessert is my responsibility," says Kathy Johnson of Lake. German Chocolate Cheesecake is a combination of two delicious desserts: cheesecake and chocolate cake! For all you who, like me, love cheesecake but aren't that great at making it, this one is for us! You can have German chocolate cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German chocolate cheesecake
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 packages of German chocolate cake mix.
- It’s 2 packages of cream cheese, sftened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s of Frosting.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttered, cubef.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flaked coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Make the cheesecake: Fill a roasting pan halfway with water and set on the lower oven rack. German Chocolate Cheesecake is a deep chocolate cheesecake piled with coconut caramel Super chocolate-y and creamy cheesecake piled with Coconut Pecan German Chocolate topping. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan.
German chocolate cheesecake instructions
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, set aside. In a small bowl beat cream cheese & sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed until combined..
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 13in X 9in in baking dish. Gently pour cream cheese mixture over batter. Gently spoon remaining batter over top; spread to edge of pan..
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes iut clean. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour..
- For frosting, in a heavy saucepan combine the.sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks, cook and stir over med-low heat until thickened and a thermometer reads 160° ir us thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon..
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla, fold in coconut and pecans. Cool until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake..
- Refrigerate leftovers..
Cheesecake is done when the center barely moves when pan is touched. This cheesecake puts the German Chocolate Cake to shame. This is a whole new level of this cake and you will never eat a dry slice of that other cake again without being terribly disappointed. You'll go back to this easy and decadent. This German Chocolate Cheesecake is pure dessert heaven.