Bee's coconut pretzel bars. Chewy, you can't eat just one. The Coconut Clogs are a pair of boots that can be purchased in the Coconut Cave. My coconut bars are an American version of a Filipino coconut cake called bibingka.
These bars really are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and really hard to resist. I prefer to use my food processor to crush the pretzels. The pretzel crust is sort of crumbly. You can cook Bee's coconut pretzel bars using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bee's coconut pretzel bars
- You need 1 stick of butter..melted.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of pretzel crumbs.
- You need 1 of 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
Pretzels cannot be ground up as finely as graham crackers, so just expect a few crumbs These cheesecake bars are so good it's scary. If you do NOT like sweet and salty desserts, this recipe is not for you. The crust is made from salty. How to make dark chocolate bark with salted pretzels, dried cranberries and toasted coconut.
Bee's coconut pretzel bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour melted butter into a 9×13 baking dish, swirl to coat pan. Add pretzel crumbs, toss with fork until moist and press into bottom of pan..
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over crumbs, coating evenly..
- Add chocolate chips and press down to set chocolate into milk. Add coconut then mini marshmallows, pressing down after each addition. Sprinkle with pecans..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted..
- Let cool completely in fridge before cutting into bars. Can be made a day advance. If bars are difficult to cut take out of refrigerator 5 minutes before cutting..
- My version of my aunt Marguarita's recipe. I got the idea to add mini marshmallows and the measurements from Great meals in under 30 minutes- seven layer bars. I've also seen similar desserts called magic cookie bars..
Jump to the Dark Chocolate Bark with Coconut and Pretzels or read on to see our tips for making it. I wish we could say that we made this to give as a gift (this would be a great gift) or to have on hand when. Long stretch between lunch and dinner? I can attest that these no-bake bars, which are made with oats, nuts, and coconut, and naturally sweetened with honey (or maple syrup) are some effective. They are the perfect recipe to have for the warmer months ahead.