MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE. Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars – There are many chocolate-mint lovers out there, and here in Canada an entire nation of Nanaimo Bar lovers. So needless to say, the marriage of these two delicious concepts is a natural. While perfect for the Christmas freezer at this time of year, a Nanaimo.
These Nanaimo bars have a great twist combining chocolate and mint! My new favorite way to enjoy them! Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that. You can cook MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE
- It’s of BASE:.
- It’s 1 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter Softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Graham Wafer Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flaked Coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Walnuts (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY TO NUTS).
- You need of FILLING:.
- Prepare 2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Softened Butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Custard Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mint Extract.
- Prepare 1 of Several Drops Of Green Food Coloring (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY).
- It’s of GLAZE:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil (I use canola or olive oil).
Stir in graham wafer crumbs, coconut and nuts. Nanaimo Bars are one of Canada's favorite confections. The beautiful City of Nanaimo, British Columbia has claimed them as their own. The story goes that a Nanaimo housewife entered a recipe for a chocolate square in a magazine contest.
MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE instructions
- BASE: Melt 1 cup mint chocolate chips with 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in graham wafer crumbs & coconut. (You can add finely chopped walnuts if you want). Press evenly into 9-inch square pan. Chill for 30 minutes..
- FILLING: Blend Icing sugar with 1/4 cup softened butter, milk, custard powder & mint extract. (You can add several drops of green food coloring if you want).
- GLAZE: Melt remainder of mint chocolate chips with oil in a bowl set over simmering water. Spread evenly over filling. Chill until completely set. Makes 20 Bars (Suggested serving).
Mint Chocolate Nanaimo Bars – Best Canadian dessert ever 🙂 I make mine without the nuts or coconut. Screw the peppermint extract though I'll make mine with either Creme de Menthe or Peppermint Schnapps. Completely no-bake, they have a chewy chocolate base, layer of mint filling, and delicious chocolate topping. Nanaimo bars are a Canadian favorite named after the city of Nanaimo, British Columbia. In this episode I'll show you how to make my Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars recipe.