Coconut Dates Ice Cream. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. The wonderful thing about the basic recipe is you can adjust it to make so many different flavors. This coconut date ice cream only uses two ingredients – coconut and dates.
No need for an ice cream maker, this recipe comes together with just four ingredients and is incredibly easy to make. You won't believe it's dairy-free, soya-free and nut-free. Combine drained dates and thickened coconut milk mixture in the bowl of a food processor or in a blender. You can cook Coconut Dates Ice Cream using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Dates Ice Cream
- Prepare 2 can of full fat Coconut Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 15 of pitted Dates.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Parker Feierbach This content is imported from embed-name. This dairy-free vanilla bean ice cream is made with coconut milk & cream and sweetened with dates for a naturally creamy texture and sweet flavor. It's paleo and vegan, soy free and contains no refined sugar. This healthy dessert is packed with vanilla flavor and ready for all your favorite toppings!
Coconut Dates Ice Cream step by step
- Refridgerate the can for atleast 2 days. Shake the coconut milk can well and pour it into a bowl. It should be very thick and creamy..
- Stir in the vanilla extract..
- Blend the dates with the water till it forms a paste. If you want a chunky ice cream, don't blend it for too long..
- Mix the dates paste into the coconut milk mixture. It will thin down just a little bit now..
- Pour it into a deep airtight container and place in freezer..
- REMEMBER: Every 15-20 minutes, go and stir up the base to break the big ice crystals. (or it will be a block of ice).
- Tip: If your ice cream gets too hard, just put it in the fridge and let it loosen. Then, slowly freeze again (be careful this time! ).
This is a very luscious coconut ice cream. The only thing I will do different next time is put the flaked coconut in the blender/processor with the milk and cream of coconut. The flakes made the ice cream a bit chewy in texture. Otherwise, this recipe is very easy and extra creamy. Cookie Dough Ice Cream: Use the basic ice cream recipe, and stir in spoonfuls of this Chickpea Cookie.