7 Layer Cookie Bar. All Reviews for Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. How to get girl scout cookies.
The coconut, milk chocolate chips, and pecans caramelize while it bakes. These can easily be made gluten free! You can find Schar brand Graham crackers at your local grocery store or online. You can cook 7 Layer Cookie Bar using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 7 Layer Cookie Bar
- It’s 1/2 cup of Crisco butter.
- You need 1 cup of Honey Maid Graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1 can of 14 oz Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 packages of Nestle or Hershey semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 packages of Reeses peanut butter chips.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Bakers Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut flakes.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
I think it has now been replaced on my personal preference list by the bar cookies made by topping brownie batter with chocolate chip cookie dough. These Magic Cookie Bars with seven layers are a must-have Christmas cookie. Seven Layer Cookie Bars: When I was a kid my mom made Seven Layer Bars at least a couple times every year and over this holiday break I decided to make them for my kids. Seven Layer Bars are probably one of the most decadent treats out there and they're incredibly easy an.
7 Layer Cookie Bar instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Place 1/2 cup butter in a 8 1/2 by 13 inch pan and place in oven as it is preheating. Wait for butter to melt (app. 5 mins)..
- Remove pan with melted butter from oven. Add graham cracker crumbs to melted butter. I eyeball the crumbs so you may have to add more if the entire bottom of the pan 8 not completely and evenly covered with the crumbs. You should have a nice and even layer of crumbs that will be your base..
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk onto the crumbs. I usually get the 14 Oz Eagle Brand…. it is by far the best brand to use. If you want to cut fat, use the low fat version instead. Make sure to pour milk evenly onto the crumbs..
- This is the fun part…. use 1/2 the bag of semi sweet chips…. just sprinkle the chips evenly across the milk. You can vary the type of chips if you want..
- Now sprinkle 1/2 the bag of peanut butter chips on top to create a nice layer of chocolaty & peanut buttery goodness..
- Layer the coconut flakes on top of the chips. You can add more flakes…. I love coconut so I actually use 2 to 3 cups..
- Sprinkle the remaining semi chocolate and peanut butter chips on top of the coconut flakes. Make sure it is distributed evenly across the pan..
- Now add the chipped walnuts. Sprinkle evenly on top..
- Using a spatula, press down firmly on the bars. This will pack the chips, coconut and nuts into the sweetened condensed milk and graham cracker crumbs..
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The coconut should be toasted once done..
- Now let the bars cool, at least 2 hours or overnight to let set. If you cut the bars too soon, you will end up with a gooey mess. Still yummy, but you will not achieve the cookie bar results unless you are patient and wait..
- When completely cooled, cut the cookie into bars. Makes about 24 bars..
Whip them up for your next get together! I would have done a little dance, but there were people around. I found a recipe for them, and added a few of my own favorite things to make the perfect Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars. I prefer to enjoy these cookie bars when they're still warm, but the hotter they are the messier they will be. For neater cookie bars, wait at least an hour or.