Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes. This yummy Nanaimo Bar Cupcake recipe combines each flavor that you love from the traditional Nanaimo bar in an equally as delicious cupcake and your new favourite delicious desserts. One candy bar came to mind when I first tasted these bars, Almond Joy bars. Some of you are likely asking; what are Nanaimo Bars?
Nanaimo Bars are one of Canada's favorite confections. The beautiful City of Nanaimo, British Columbia has claimed them as their own. The story goes that a Nanaimo housewife entered a recipe. You can cook Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of Chocolate cake mix with ingredients needed to prepare.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Sweetened shredded coconut (or add a little more or less according to your preference).
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 4 cup of Icing sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Vanilla pudding mix or custard powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla (optional).
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 3/4 cup of Semi-sweet chocolate chips or as needed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Butter.
Explore best places to eat cupcakes in Nanaimo and nearby. Check prices of pudding and ice cream. Compare reviews of pastry and tiramisu. Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes – So Good! * *I made a brownie mix with chopped pecans, almonds and shredded coconut.
Nanaimo Bar Cupcakes step by step
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding shredded coconut to batter..
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake as directed on the cake mix package..
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack..
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Stir in custard powder and milk..
- Beat in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth..
- Once cupcakes are COMPLETELY cooled, fill with filling by inserting a piping bag containing the filling and fitted with a small round tip into the centre of cupcake and squeezing bag while slowly pulling out. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes..
- Cover filled cupcakes and store in a cold place to allow the filling to firm up. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave..
- Dip tops of cooled cupcakes into melted chocolate so the tops are covered. Cover and allow chocolate to set. ENJOY!!!.
I am from Nanaimo BC and we have Nanaimo Bars everywhere in this town. Canadian legend claims that the bar (chocolate crumb-base, layer of vanilla, covered in chocolate) originated in Nanaimo, Canada, in the. My mother taught me to make these rich, delicious bar cookies when I was young. Though I've tried many variations, I always come back to this old favorite. <p>Nanaimo bars come in a variety of shapes and forms, and—like any other baked good—many people have claimed to have "the best Nanaimo bar recipe ever." Noah Cappe takes this claim to the. I've had several requests over the years for a standard Nanaimo Bar recipe but I'd never posted one.