Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars. Find Deals on Toasted Coconut Cashews in Groceries on Amazon. We pride ourselves on quality and we ensure our toasted coconut is second to none. One taste and you'll know the difference.
All steps are easy, and the combination of homemade soft caramel with toasted coconut on a short bread cookie base is so delicious! They freeze beautifully so can be made ahead and taken out as. These Toasted Cashew Coconut Bars are sweetened with dates and are free of any processed sugar,. You can cook Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars
- Prepare of COOKIES.
- You need 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of CARAMEL.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2 oz of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of TOPPING.
- Prepare 3 cup of toasted coconut, recipe for toasted coconut attached in direction step #8.
- Prepare 3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of or more of roasted, lightly salted cashews.
The dates add a caramel type taste and raisins would be sweet in a different way. Let me know if you do try it and how it turns out. In a separate bowl whisk together salt, flour, toasted coconut, and cashews. The batter will be thick but spreadable.
Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars instructions
- MAKE COOKIE BASE. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan and bake 12 to 15 minutes until light golden. Cool on rack in pan.
- MAKE CARAMEL.
- In a medium saucepan combine, cream, milk, light brown sugar, butter and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring and continue to simmer stirring often until thickened and a light golden color, 10 to 15 minutes, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour 1/3 of hot caramel over cooled crust, smooth with an off set spatula or back of a spoon.
- Add toasted coconut to remaining caramel and blend well. Toasted coconut recipe is attache below. Spread coconut caramel evenly over plain caramel layer on bars. Allow to cool at least 1 hour and then cut into bars https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358497-toasted-coconut.
- FINISH BARS.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt 1 1/2 cup of chocolate until smooth.
- Dip BOTTOM of each bar into chocolate or spread a layer of chocolate on each bottom, which ever is easier for you. Place coated bars chocolate side up on parchment lined pan and chill until hard about 1 hour.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate until smooth, drizzle over bars. Press cashews in places on wet chocolate to stick. Chill until set..
Drizzle the caramel on top and then using a knife or bamboo skewer swirl the caramel until marbled. Then cool & enjoy your caramelized, crunchy coconut cashews! How to Store Paleo Vegan Toasted Coconut Cashews. Loosen the bars from the edge of pan again, using a flexible spatula to lift the bars out of the pan. Stir to combine with milk or cream, drizzle over the bars.